Tuesday 9 October 2012

Cured Salmon Update

After 24 hours


Homemade Citrus Cured Salmon
Okay verdict on my citrus cured salmon experiment: Loves! Been having lots of this with salad or on toast, plus its so cheap to make compared to buying it in the supermarket. Next time, I will be more generous with the zest. Was a little more cautious here because I don't want my salmon to turn out like I soaked it in Mama Lemon overnight.

I'm so glad I decided to revisit making this again after my last two attempts. I've always loved salmon especially in the form of sashimi or cured or smoked. However I must confess that it has been disappointing the few times I bothered to order any salad or sandwich with smoked salmon in it. There was so little salmon that I might as well be eating plain bread, which everyone knows I am not fond of.

So, hoorah for this latest success. Who cares if cured salmon is sometimes regarded as the poor man's smoked salmon? I'll be making this again soon! Yummeh!


No comments:

Post a Comment