Thursday 16 August 2012

Belated Post: Nutella Muffins and Shrimpy Friends

This is a seriously belated post, I need to get into the groove of this blogging thing quick.

I recently went away with my parents for a short trip, it was only for 4 days but I could just see Mr M (also known as "the husband") skulking around the kitchen with nothing to eat. So I decided to be sweet and baked him a batch of muffins so he could have one for breakfast everyday. He loooves Nutella and usually has that on toast so I surfed around the net for Nutella Muffins and found this yummy recipe.

I picked this one out of the dozens online because I liked the idea of having that creamy pocket of Nutella hidden inside the muffin as a surprise. Its like spooning the stuff in your mouth only that it comes hidden in a sweet yummy Vanilla muffin.
That's how they looked like after adding the Nutella,
I then topped it with another layer of batter.


And they are done!
In other (unrelated) news, I got a couple of shrimps for my aquarium the other day and they look so pretty I just have to share a photo.

They remind me of Nemo!
These shrimp don't come cheap at about $5 each but I couldn't resist them. They're called Banded Coral Shrimp and I was hoping that they would beautify my aquarium after a couple of my fancy guppies died. However sad to say that the moment I released them, they pretty much went into hiding and only come out occasionally to eat. Here's hoping that they will become braver as they grow. I notice that the other fish tend to mistake them for food which explains their reticence.

And that's it for today! Our sunflowers have been blooming beautifully lately so I shall be sharing some photos from the garden soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment